Monday 6 October 2014

OUGD603 / Extended Practice: Children's book.

OUGD603.
EXTENDED PRACTICE.
Children's book. 



Another project that I thought would truly test my want to illustrate for/ layout and design children's book could be to do all of the above for an already existing story. Although I had thought about originally writing my own story (something which I did, then design and produced all on my own in first year), Simon thought that the project, in ratio with all my other briefs we had discussed might be taking on more than I could chew, as I would have to spend a long time perfecting the content, so that both content and design were directly appropriate for the audience. Instead we discussed the idea of taking care of the aesthetic portion of the project such as, designing the front cover, inside illustrations and layout, and back cover. This would also mean that the work I would produce would in affect be very honest. If I were to write the narrative myself, I may think of design ideas along the way, and in result this may effect the writing of the piece. This would conclude with a set of designs for an unsuccessful story, and the outcome would therefore be rendered useless.  

In order to solve this issue I spoke to some of my peers, one of them, Sam suggested that I look towards other courses for a possible collaborative project. She spoke to me about the Journalism course at Leeds trinity, and how some students choose to write children's story books for their final pieces, and are often looking for designers to work with in order to make their stories come to life. This seemed like a great oppurtunity, not only to avoid the downfalls of writing my own story but to also collaborate with someone else outside the course, effectively in a designer to client relationship. 


TO DO:

- Contact Leeds trinity Journalism course. 
- Choose collaborative partner. 
- Meet with them to discuss further movements. 


Deliverables (subject to change):

- Front cover design 
- Inside illustrations and layout
- Back cover design
- Well crafted finished product of book. 
- 5 design boards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment