Thursday 12 March 2015

OUGD603 / Extended Practice - YCN Interflora: Design development.

OUGD603. 
YCN INTERFLORA.
DESIGN DEVELOPMENT. 

Today I carried on creating a collection of floral illustrations in the same style as the sunflower I previously created. As I am no longer paper quilling, I am aiming to create a large vector illustration pattern of floral and leaf illustrations that I can then mask using the video calling, costume and castle illustrations, to produce an aesthetic similar to paper quilling. 




In doing so, I took inspiration from photographs of flowers so that the pattern appears authentic, and does not look like a combination of made up flowers. 















My Line illustrations:









I also created a small selection of greenery to break up the pattern of flowers. Greenery in floristry is what helps the flowers to be accentuated and creates a flow. It is always used and seen in nature and so it is very important that again for authenticity reasons that I incorporate this important element into my work. 


With my selection of flowers and greenery vectors created a began to create a pattern randomly encoporating the flowers and leaves. 









Once I was finished with the pattern and happy with it, I masked the illustrations and shapes, to create the video call, castle and needle and thread image using flowers. 

Video call:



Castle:




Costumes:



I was worried that the illustrations would have as much of an impact as the planned paper quilling but i think that they have worked out really well. Although they don't have the desired 3d effect, they look bright and bold against the black backdrop and crisp and elegant much like the rest of the brand, thus appealing to the younger audience but also staying in tune with the brand style. 












No comments:

Post a Comment