Sunday 22 March 2015

OUGD603 / Extended Practice - Bradley Sykes Architect Branding: Production discussion w/ Andy Lodge.

OUGD603.
ARCHITECT BRANDING.

PRODUCTION DISCUSSION W/ ANDY LODGE.

In terms of production I was planning to laser print (for low cost) and emboss the branding onto a textured white paper, to play on Bradley's practice of experimenting with texture. I also felt that white would be the best colour for across the brand as elements such as the photographs on the portfolio part of the CV need to be as clear as possible. 

I got some short but valuable feedback from Andy lodge in terms of materials and stock. Something interesting that he suggested was differentiating the stock across the range of printed collateral, I informed him that I was hesitant to use different colour stocks due to the photographs however he suggested differentiating the stocks across a couple elements such as the business cards and envelopes - keeping the white for elements such as the CV, letters and postal tube labels. I thought this was a really great and inventive way to represent both Bradley's natural and neutral colour pallet and also his practice of combining different materials. 

For the colour pallet I was inspired by Bradley's work itself picking out a pale grey and muted yellow based brown from the selection of images he has provided me with. 

I decided that in order to keep consistency across the brand I going to order 6 different sets of colourplan, so that all the elements can be created using the same type of stock, this will give a much more quality finish. 

I have ordered the stock in three colours:



                                           







Natural (an ever so slightly off white)
Pale grey 
Harvest ( a 'crafty' brown)

I have also ordered the paper in two different weights, a thicker weight for elements such as business cards, and lower gsm for collateral such as the CV which needs to be easy and clean to fold, the envelopes, letters and tube labels.  

I have also laser cut my embossing plates using bendy plywood ready to emboss once the pieces have been laser printed. Only a thin material such as bendy plywood was used because it was thicker than the stock. 




No comments:

Post a Comment