Wednesday 19 November 2014

OUGD603 / Extended Practice - Brrew iced tea: Design development.

OUGD603.
Brrrew Iced tea. 
Final illustrative development.  

With most of the design development done, the last illustrative element I need to make progress on is the illustration in the background that makes the pattern on the front and back of the box. Currently in its place is an illustration I found in a similar style I desired online. 







The illustration gave a contemporary feel to the visual of scenic illustration as previously seen on other brands such as Yorkshire tea. This type of illustration would also allow a colour code in reference to flavour change. For example, above I have coloured the image in a range of warm deep to light berry pinks to resonate the raspberry flavour. The range of colours can be differentiated to suit the flavour. 


Earlier on in the project I went on a trip around West Yorkshire to get a first hand look at the views and the sights. From this I gathered a selection of photos. As the brief has progressed, I decided today to look back at the photographs in the collection. Developing on the brief, I've come to understand the more traditional side of Brrew and its strong Yorkshire roots. Therefore from the collection of photos I have taken, I found that the three below were strong representations of Yorkshire.  








The three combine great visual representations on the green landscapes of Yorkshire and have an emphasis on Farm life, a large element of Yorkshire culture. I do however want to try and use as much as my original photos as I can layering these together, and so I will attempt to take elements from each and place them into one cohesive image. I will then need to split the drawing into 5 layers - according to the 5 different colours I have to work with. 


Above is the illustration I have drawn in which combines all the elements from the above 3 photographs. I took the illustration into illustrator and begin working on it in layers. Alike to the illustration I was drawing information from I began working from the bottom to the top starting with the darkest colour and moving towards the lightest. 







After finishing the illustration I dropped the logo label over the top to look at the finished product. I felt that once the illustration and label were combined the visual improved greatly and looked more relatable to its roots of Yorkshire. Although the aesthetic drew upon inspirations such as Yorkshire tea, the design offers a much more contemporary and fun resolution whilst still drawing upon tradition. 


I worked further with the design to develop the aesthetic to suit all 4 flavours, above; Raspberry aswell as Classic cuppa, A little bitt'a' Lemon and A punch'a' Peach. 

I looked into developing colour pallets that would stand out next to each other on shop shelves and then applied these to the design. 


Classic cuppa:



Lemon:





Peach:




I applied the finished illustrations and colour schemes to the net designs I have made earlier:




With the nets finished, I will next print them out and experiment with the gold foil. 










No comments:

Post a Comment